Monday, September 27, 2010

Chehalis Trip, Bathroom Decorating, and Card Making!

Well hello family and friends! I figured it has been a little bit since I have written. We have had a couple of things going on as of recently...Over a week ago Jeremiah and I flew up to Washington to have an "early Thanksgiving" with the Vaught family - so his parents thought! What really happened is that we surprised them by having family and friends over for some western themed fun! Melissa and Mallorie took on all the details and had Margie go and get her hair and makeup done and the boys took James to Cabella's for some boy time. They were told that we were going to have western themed family pictures...but they were wrooooong! I spent the morning helping decorate, organize and help with the food - really whatever the girls wanted me to do I wanted to make sure I was there to help! Here's a picture of some of us. From left to right is Seville and Carissa (sisters and Jeremiah's cousins), Melissa (Jeremiah's sister), me, Mallorie (Jeremiah's sister), Mallorie's future mother and father in law and her fiance Alex. :)



In between all of the fun stuff, I have been busy trying to get our house in order. This past weekend I finally finished our downstairs bath! I painted it a medium green and was a little shocked after I was done painting. It was very bold of me to go that bright since I usually stay more neutral, but after a few days the color seemed to tone down a little bit and I began to visualize what I wanted. I initially wanted an evergreen theme, and I ended up tastefully touching on it and I'm very happy with the outcome. We even have a room freshener that smelles like trees! I have hopes to remodel a bit - the shower, sink and flooring I would love to tile at some point, but that will be a ways down the road. Next I will be working on the upstairs guest bath which will be in light blue, greens, and browns. After that I will most likely move on to our bedroom. I'll be sure to continue posting our progress!





During my other spare time I am trying to keep up with my card making! I really enjoy it and it's really relaxing. Recently I made a couple of gifts for two of my girl friends. I thought I would share a couple of photos! I have also been working on wedding thank you's. I will post one next time - she hasn't sent them out yet, so I'll wait until she does and then I'll post!





Well, next up we have Mallorie and Alex coming to stay with us this weekend. Hopefully we can get some photos to post of our time together. At the end of October I have my friend Nichole and her sister Alicia heading down to stay with us for a long weekend - we will definitely have some photos that weekend since I hardly get to see my high school best friend! Looking forward to catching up soon....

No comments: